Monday, December 8, 2008

Ace Race Disc PDGA Approved


Yes, the 2008 Ace Race disc is now approved by the PDGA and if it is produced for the general public in the spring of 2009, will have the name - Nebula. This must be the new in-name for things right now. I've had some jewelry and something else come through my e-mail with the name Nebula. So, I thought I'd include some info on the word nebula, from http://www.dictionary.com/ :


1.Astronomy.
a. Also called diffuse nebula. a cloud of interstellar gas and dust. Compare dark nebula, emission nebula, reflection nebula.
b.(formerly) any celestial object that appears nebulous, hazy, or fuzzy, and extended in a telescope view.
2. Pathology. a. a faint opacity in the cornea.
b. cloudiness in the urine.
3. any liquid medication prepared for use as a spray.

From http://www.discraft.com/ "2008 Ace Race Disc Approved For Tournament Play. The 2008 Ace Race prototype disc has now been approved for PDGA tournament play, which will be good news for the thousands of disc golfers who are already carrying it in their bags. A slightly overstable midrange that fits into the Discraft line-up between the Buzzz and Wasp, the disc may be released to the general public in the Spring, when it may be renamed 'Nebula'. All Ace Race copies are now legal."

Hmmm... seems a little fuzzy to me.
"I just threw my Ace Race Disc"
"what is it?"
"Nebula, which means cloudy urine - but I call it my U Cloud"
"what?"
"U-Cloud. Yeah, I'm having a little trouble throwing it. It sprays all over the place" "I can hardly see it. Until I step on it"

No comments: