Thursday, January 8, 2009

Getting ready for the Icebowl


Well, 12 of us got ready for the Icebowl on Wednesday evening out at Banklick. Boy, if it's like this on Saturday, we're going to be cold, have fun and the scores will be high! It was cold and very windy last night for the doubles at Banklick. Best score was -5 Drew Miller and Alman, with 3 other teams tied at -4. We played 18 holes, the old 18 minus old 12-13, plus the two bowl holes. We had a blast.
So for those who want to be ready for the Icebowl, here's some things to remember:
* dress in layers
* wear gloves - ones that you could even use throwing help if it is extremely cold. I wear my
Sealskinz Waterproof gloves
* wear warm socks, sockwarmers, toe warmers, etc. I wear a pair of liner socks, a pair of heavy
socks and then my Sealskinz Waterproof socks over those. Toasty!
* long johns are great
* handwarmers are really nice - I will have some for sale at the tourney
* a scarf, neckwarmer, something to cover your face
* eat a good breakfast and bring some snacks
I could have more but gotta run.

No comments: