Monday, January 19, 2009

My favorite discs


Just thought I'd throw out a few of my favorite discs: Champion Roadrunner - this disc is a great multipurpose driver, as it will go straight, left or right and long. Not a good wind disc, but in calmer conditions this is one of my go-to discs. The stamp on mine is almost gone. I use this on a lot of holes at Idlewild.


The STAR Destroyer is currently my distance driver for right to left, in mild winds and just pure distance.


The Comet is definitely my all purpose mid to long range do everything disc. I can throw it straight, left, right and even makes a good roller for me. I'd be lost without a Comet in my bag. The one I have is one from the very early runs, actually tie-dye, even thought it doesn't look like it.


Ok, I'll end it there. I may talk about a few of the other discs in my bag at some point. Please feel free to comment on my discs or throw some of your favorites out there and what you use them for.

5 comments:

skubalon said...

Currently I'm in love with whatever disc works on any day. Being a newb it often depends on the day.

As time goes on I am a little more constant with play. So right now my go to discs are as follows...

Driver: Monarch
Mid-range: Cro
Putt: Voodoo

Many things change that but mostly work from there.

discndat said...

I am liking the Monarch too. I haven't thrown it that much since I haven't played as much since I put it in my bag, but the times that I have I've had some really good shots with it. I deuced lower 10 at Banklick with it during the CC last year.

skubalon said...

i used my monarch on ten per your suggestion on the top tee pad.

Threw it with a slight hyzer so that it would go out turn slightly right and come back left and down into the open. It was one of my better throws b/c I had in mind what I wanted the disc to do and it did it.

discndat said...

Alright, good stuff! I like it when somehting goes as I'm wanting it too. I forgot to add that I like to use my Roadrunner for rolling too. It really makes for a good roller. I deuced hole 23 at Banklick during the CC - it was parked. The Monarch makes a good roller also. I've rolled it a few times, but until I get it broken in I think I'll continue to use my Roadrunner as my #1 roller.

skubalon said...

Today was the sidewinder 150 class. Your suggestion to use lighter weights b/c I am new to dg was right on.

Had best day at banklick ever. Would have been a +7 if not for a late game meltdown that took it to +11.