Monday, October 13, 2008

AJ Jolly Course Challenge was a blast!

Wow, what a beautiful day for the AJ Jolly course challenge event. Couldn't ask for any better weather and the colors of the trees as well as the wildlife there made for a great tourney. I got there around 7:15 and the fog was just coming off the lake and I saw a blue heron by hole two's tee. Saw the blue herons several more times that day. We had 65 people participate. Jeff Madden hit the Ace Fund - I can't remember what was in it but around $100 I believe. You can get the full results at cincinnatidiscgolf.com I stuck around for doubles and redeemed myself for the collapse I had at the end of my second round.

I enjoyed the day there so much that Candy (my wife) and I went back down on Sunday and spent the day there hiking and enjoying the scenery and wildlife. We saw the herons again. Liz, we did see two of them together Sunday. I know this is sacrilege to most disc golfers but I didn't even throw any discs while we were there on Sunday. I also didn't watch the Bengals game. AJ truly is a beautiful setting, especially in the fall.

If anyone has any comments about the tournament, course or the park in general, shoot 'em out here.

No comments: